Having a professional install a furnace in your home is a big deal because these devices last about 15 years and keep your home warm and comfortable. Georgia Air Cooling & Heating is Richmond Hill’s reliable furnace replacement and installation company that can help you prepare for the before and after of installation of a furnace. You will get the most out of your new furnace by following our guide.
The installation of a furnace is not a DIY job. A professional with years of experience and expertise is the best choice by far. They can troubleshoot, diagnose even minor issues, and resolve any problems.
Hiring a professional also ensures you get the most out of your furnace and find the best model at an attainable price point. An insured, licensed, and certified contractor from Georgia Air Cooling & Heating will correctly install the new unit in your home.
Preparing for a Furnace Installation
Prepping is critical for the installation of furnace systems! You set yourself up for success when you prepare for your furnace installation. Being prepared prevents any delays or problems, increasing the likelihood that everything will go smoothly on the day of installation.
It may have been a while since you prepared for an installation of a furnace. You may not know what to do before installation day if your new furnace is replacing your old one after 15-20 years.
The professionals at Georgia Air Cooling & Heating are here to help you from day one. We have all the resources, tools, and information you need to get ready for the big day, so don’t hesitate to contact us.
What should you do before the installation?
- Determine your home’s heating needs. The first step is to have a professional assess your home’s existing heating system and get recommendations for which new heating system would be the best replacement option. They will factor in the size of your home and various furnace models’ efficiency, sizes, and types. So, do not go out and buy the first furnace you find without consulting a pro.
- Clear the space around your old furnace. You can facilitate the installation process by removing any objects the technicians can trip on while installing the new furnace. Clear out the path the contractors will travel to remove and install the unit, such as the floors, walls, and any objects in piles. You’ll ensure the safety and efficiency of the installation process as a result.
- Have a professional inspect your air ducts. A well-functioning ductwork system is essential before installing and using a new furnace. Schedule an inspection to address any leaks or issues. The ductwork needs to be clean, unclogged, and ready for installation, or things may not proceed as planned.
- Ask if you can include a programmable thermostat. This additional component can customize your home’s temperature from your smartphone or compatible devices. It can decrease your energy bills and allow for precise temperature adjustments throughout the day. You and your family can determine a heating schedule that makes sense and does not waste energy when no one is around.
- Consider an in-line humidifier. Did you know you can lower your monthly heating bills by having an in-line humidifier? The colder months have dry and uncomfortable air, but your humidifier can save money and conveniently resolve this issue.
- Consider an in-line air purifier. A popular add-on for furnaces is an air purifier to filter out dust, dirt, allergens, and debris from the air. Your furnace can filter unwanted dust and release cleaner, healthier, and warm air during the colder months.
During the Installation Process
Not everyone knows what to expect from a furnace installation appointment, and that is okay! Removing the old and outdated unit from your home is usually the most complicated task and could take some time.
Here is what you can expect during the installation of a furnace.
- Installing the new furnace (and removing the old one, if applicable) can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. When you work with our team, we can find dates and times most convenient for you to cause minimum disruption. We will communicate with you as we progress and keep you updated throughout the installation.
- Know that installing a new furnace is often easier than replacing the old one.
- You should be present during the process. Georgia Air Heating & Cooling will handle everything and does not require your participation during installation. However, your presence ensures you can ask us any questions or that we can tell you helpful information.
After Your Furnace Installation
The hardest part of the process may be over, but it does not mean you should neglect to care for your furnace. Take these small steps to ensure you won’t need to replace yours before the expected lifespan of 15 years is up. You will save money by taking precautions now and avoiding pausing the use of your unit when you need it the most.
1. Schedule a furnace inspection
It never hurts to schedule a furnace inspection to ensure everything on the unit is working effectively and that technicians can make minor adjustments if needed. Booking an annual servicing prevents unexpected breakdowns and catches problems before they worsen. If your previous unit lasted its expected lifespan of 15 years or longer, you likely kept up with your annual furnace inspections and performed maintenance when necessary.
While once a year is the recommended time for a furnace inspection, twice a year during spring and fall is the ideal option. People use their furnaces the most in the winter and the late autumn months, so inspecting them before and after the peak seasons is ideal. Doing so gives you peace of mind the furnace will turn on in the next season and doesn’t have broken parts or clogged filters.
2. Keep the space around your furnace clear at all times.
While you may have already cleaned the space for installation, do not forget to keep it free from obstructions during its lifetime. You do not want to bury the area with boxes or use it for storage. Clutter can make future inspections and repairs difficult and is simply dangerous.
3. Contact your furnace installation company with any questions.
The customer support you have with your local furnace installation business should not end after installation. When you work with Georgia Air Cooling & Heating, we are happy to answer any questions you have before, during, and after the installation of a furnace.
The best resource to contact is the company that installed your furnace and helped you pick the specific brand and model. They can give you all the furnace support you need.
Why Should You Prepare for Before and After Furnace Installation?
You will save time and money by taking recommended steps before, during, and after installing a furnace. Preparation prevents delays and additional money spent to address faulty or incompatible ductwork or other problems.
How else will you benefit from heeding these steps?
- You’ll ensure a long-lasting system for 15 to 20 years.
- You will have a go-to business to turn to for all your furnace needs.
- Your home will be safer, healthier, and ready for the winter.
Working with a reputable furnace repair, replacement, and installation company can help you make an informed decision on which furnace system is best for you. You can also determine if add-ons (like in-line humidifiers or air purification systems) will benefit your new furnace. Having a trained professional on hand who knows the ins and outs of furnaces benefits your home and quality of life.
Call Georgia Air Cooling & Heating for Fast and Friendly Furnace Installation!
Georgia Air Cooling & Heating is the trusted business Richmond Hill residents turn to for high-quality furnace installation. Families noticing higher-than-normal energy bills don’t have to settle for a faulty and old furnace.
Let us install a brand-new, energy-efficient unit to keep your home comfortable and warm during the frosty winter months. With our knowledgeable team of technicians, we understand the safest ways to work with gas lines and prevent any issues.
We repair, replace, and install:
- Electric furnaces in Richmond Hill
- Gas furnaces in Richmond Hill
- Oil furnaces in Richmond Hill
We also offer emergency HVAC services, dryer vent cleaning, and other heating and air conditioning services to Richmond Hill, GA residents!
Do you find yourself asking, “What to do when the heating is not working in my home?” Georgia Air Cooling & Heating doesn’t want you or your family to wait and wonder about a solution. We are here to help and are the region’s top choice for reliable results and immediate answers.
We are ready to get started on the installation of a furnace in your home. Our team looks forward to providing you with an excellent and hassle-free experience. Call us at (912) 513-3361 to speak to our friendly Georgia Air Cooling & Heating staff or book a service appointment online!